Band Aid: Review and some Exciting News!!! | Tuke's Quest

Band Aid: Review and some Exciting News!!!

Hey Guys!

I talked about Band Aid in a previous post, it’s been showing all May and the last showings of the play are this Sunday the 25th of May at 3pm and 6pm. My friend, Demi, from here  is in it and there’s a girl in the play who plays sax. I was really looking forward to watching it and meeting her, haven’t met a female saxophonist in a really long time.

I watched the 6pm show this past Sunday, the 18th of May and I really enjoyed it.
  • I love the concept behind it
  • The creativity possessed by the writer
  • The cheesiness of it, hehe
  • The comedic moments (of this there were many) 
  • I love live music and the musicians were on point (Sheke sheke was hilarious)
There were some lessons to be learnt from it and it showed the struggles many Nigerians face to make a living.
  •  I learnt that your gift will make a way for you, it might not be immediately but it will one day, you just have to be diligent, consistent and constantly work to improve yourself.
  • Also, you never know the impact one person will have on your life, you meet people for a reason so be nice to them, treat them well.
It was at Terra Kulture but it felt more cosy than the other times I had been there, black drapes prevented light from seeping through. Plus the people with VIP tickets got chapman and sat in the first few rows which I thought was a nice touch.I would have shared some of the funny quotes but I don’t want to spoil it, come watch it!

The EXCITING NEWS is that I’m understudying the female saxophonist, Tosin, and I’ll be playing/acting in the 6pm show as she has a concert at Muson.This is my first time acting in Nigeria since 2002 so I’m pretty excited. Its my debut performance, Oshey!!!

Please come watch it as I’m not sure when next I will have such an opportunity and this Sunday is the last time you can watch the play.

P.s. Networking is important in life o! I got asked because I went to talk to the producer's wife after the play.

P.s.s. Here’s a video of myself and my fellow corpers/band members during cds today.
Hope you enjoy it!

Proverbs 22:29. Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment