50th Post:The Liebster Award!!! | Tuke's Quest

50th Post:The Liebster Award!!!

Hey Guys!!

I'm currently at the Redemption Camp for the Holy Ghost Convention and signal here is terrible because there are sooo many people so the masts are working over capacity. My airtel sim finally started working and I'm using the personal hotspot for my laptop, it's pretty quick too. My sister is saying it's too good to be true because it's moving so quickly, I guess our prayers were answered. Life without internet is not the one, Thank God for 3G!!

So Tuke's Quest was given the Liebster Award by 2 bloggers in the past few weeks. Thank you Bolaji and Elizabeth!! I feel quite honoured as I always saw the award on other blogs before I started mine and it was something I aspired to get one day. This is my 50th post too so I think it's pretty befitting, plus it's been 6 months since my first post, Yayyy to Progress and over 15,000 views!!






The Liebster Award is a blog tag to inspire bloggers with 200 followers or less. I think its great for those just starting out, it's good publicity too.

The rules are:
1. You have to link back to the person that nominated you 

2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.

3. After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.

4. You must not nominate the person who nominated you.

5. You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.


Liebster Award Questions from Bolaji of The Velvet Row

1) How did you choose your blog's name
Well I titled a note on my phone, “Blog Names” and wrote down different options that came to my mind. I was brainstorming subconsciously too. I considered what the blog would be about, asked a few close friends which name they preferred and that’s how Tuke’s Quest was born. Looking at the other options now, I definitely chose the best one.

2) What keeps you motivated to post consistently?
My blog is my second voice, a form of expression, it’s a platform for me to share my thoughts and experiences. I’ve become more and more attached to blogging because I write so often and I love sharing about my experiences and getting feedback.
Looking at other blogs gives me ideas too because I see some people post stuff that I wouldn’t have thought of as Blog Worthy. I also see stuff and think to myself, I can do this or I can do better and when I put them up the views exceed that of well thought out posts/posts that required a lot of effort.
Plus, the progress I'm making encourages me to improve, do more and be better.


3) Best city/country you've been to?
China

4) Gold or silver jewellery?
Gold for Necklaces
Silver for Wristwatches
Pearls for Earrings
I’m not really a fan of bracelets to be honest

5) Do you play any musical instruments?
Yup, I play the saxophone. You would know if you've read this post or this one. I've also got some videos up on my youtube page.
I can play the recorder and clarinet too because the fingering is the same as the  saxophone. I can play basic stuff on the drums and piano too.

6) Favorite kinds of blogs?
Lifestyle, Fashion, Natural Hair and Beauty Blogs

7) Favorite blog?
Bella Naija, I know it’s now a website but it started out as a blog

8) What are your 3 holy grail skincare products?
Ahhhhh, I used to be a tomboy so I literally just started using skincare products in May. I would say my Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash, Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancimg Facial Scrub and Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (I need to get the one with SPF sha). I love the Body Shop Body Butters too (blogpost about them coming up soon)






9) If you had to shop from one brand of beauty products for the rest of your life, which would it be?
I'll say House of Tara because I use their primer, foundation, eyebrow pencil and I used to use their powder until I gave it to my mum. I use Maybelline powder now and Maybelline Baby lips  and House of Tara is an official Maybelline stockist. I've been craving their Margaret Ekpo eyeshadow palette and eye shadow primer for a while now by the way #BuyNigerian

10) Which blogger/vlogger inspires you most?

Sisi Yemmie

11) Skincare/beauty product recommendation?
Shea Butter: can be used on the skin, hair and lips. I love products that have multiple functions


Questions from Elizabeth of Leeznijis

1)       Who is your blog role model?
Sisi Yemmie and Berry Dakara

2)       What made you start blogging?
So I was asked this question in my our stories interview and I sorta just pasted my answer on here (edited it a little bit though, noticed some grammatical errors)

I noticed I liked writing in 2007 as I wrote in a diary everyday from 2007 and I stopped sometime in 2009 when the diary ran out of pages. It was one of those yearly devotional journals with lines at the side to jot down your thoughts. I didn't take writing seriously after that, and only wrote stuff once in a while. Later on,  I started writing for magazines and in my journal and Microsoft Word a lot more in my final year of uni. It was my way of dealing with the pressure and stress that year. I also discovered a lot of blogs such as Berry Dakara and Musings of a Caramel Latte addict during this time as I was supposed to be indoors studying. It crossed my mind that I could do something similar but that was it.
My plan after uni was to go teach English in china for a year and I intended to document my time there via a blog. That was the first time I actually thought of starting a blog. The China teaching thing didn’t work out so I decided to come home and serve (NYSC). The summer before I moved back a Rwandan girl I met said she thinks I should start a blog because I take nice pictures and I dress well. I didn’t take her seriously but the idea was planted. Before NYSC started, I used to write quite a bit, especially about my experiences in Lagos as an IJGB (I just got back). I would send these articles to some of my closest friends and one of them kept on saying I should start a blog because I liked writing, liked going for events and enjoyed taking pictures too. I used to hype a lot of events via bbm and another friend suggested I start a blog because I know a lot about undercover/alternative events.
I read a book called Do Something by Ike Amadi and that was the final push that made me start it. I had come up with the name already. Was actually supposed to start a blog with two of my friends but they chickened out and said they’ll rather guest post. I asked myself what I was waiting for and there was nothing so I started. I was a bit irregular at first, had laptop issues in February and March. I attended a Writers conference with Ify Halim (founder of Our stories) and that sorta fuelled my drive to keep at it because good things take time.

3)       Do you ever get blog lazy?
Not really because I write about stuff I am interested in and I have a backlog of drafts too .I get tired of editing if I keep on starting and stopping, like if I have to stop because my battery is about to die and I haven't got my charger or if I have to go out or drive somewhere or something. I really don't like to be interrupted when I'm writing.


4) If you had only one book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The Bible

5)       Describe yourself in one word?
Unique


6)     What is your favourite meal?
Eba and Seafood Okra


7)        Tea or coffee?
Neither, the only Hot drinks I like are Hot chocolate, Hot Ribena or Hot Nutri-c


8)   If you could be somebody else, who will you love to be?

I'm not sure to be honest, I love being me

9)If you could listen to one song on repeat for the rest of the year, what would it be?
Ololufemi by Kaline, blogged about why I love it so much earlier in the year


10)       What is the first thing you do every morning?
Open my eyes, lol, err, either i read open heavens on my phone or go on instagram. If I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation then I go to whatsapp.

11)   What is your favourite colour and why?
Blue and Yellow
I was in Blue house in Secondary school and I love all the shades it comes in, there are many colours in the Blue Family e.g. Teal, Cobalt, Navy, Light, sky, powder, midnight, etc
I was in Yellow House in Primary school and A-levels. I love how bright and vibrant and sunny it is and I think it makes my skin glow, citrus colours work well for me like Solange, we have warm undertones, hehe.

My Nominations


Questions
1) What is your Favourite post on my blog?
2) What inspired you to start blogging?
3) What is the coolest/most interesting place you've ever been to and what was so great about it?
4) What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
5) Which blogs/websites do you check on a daily basis?
6) What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
7) How would you like to be proposed to?
8) What is your most memorable moment?
9) What is the biggest challenge you’ve ever faced?

10) if you could eat anything you wanted from any restaurant anywhere in the world, what would you have for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
11) What is your Favourite quote?
Share

10 comments:

  1. Well thank God you started blogging.. 50th post yay!!! Keep it up
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot nutri c. Seriously tuke....you are mos def weird lol. I like mine ice cold with tons of cubes...I made ogbono with okra once and Gorgeousness didn't like it. Poor dude endured it to not upset my cooking skills. So its a no no in our home which i don't mind cos i do not like okra at all ever since i suffered thru boarding school with it. Ogbono i only make when i eat lunch alone. I always wanted to teach ever since nysc but never got the chance.
    Thank you for nominating.....i was totally psyched. I just started blogging yes but im seriously enjoying typing away with random thoughts trailing my mind. Its intoxicating. Lol. Will def get my answers ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, your comments always make me laugh. Hot Nutri-C is sooo delicious especially when I have a cold or when the weather is chilly.
      Ogbono and Okra mixed together?What a combination!!!
      Yayyyy, looking forward to reading your answers :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks Tuke for the nomination! I hope I know 11 bloggers to nominate lol

    www.traycees.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome :) I'm sure you can find 11 bloggers on the blogosphere but if you can't it's cool!

      Delete
  4. i love sea-food anyhow it's combined:)
    Thank you for nominating me, and congrats on your 50th post...cheers to more fruitful blogging days:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ugo!! Looking forward to reading your answers :) :D

      Delete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    :)

    Thank you darling!

    http://berrydakara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Berry :) :D You gingered me to master the bun too, Thaaanks, hehe :D

      Delete