The Gratitude Challenge | Tuke's Quest

The Gratitude Challenge

Happy New Month Folks!
The Ember months have begun which means the end of the year is getting closer and closer each passing day, it'll soon be 2015 o, Make this month a Memorable one!

Over the weekend, Aby of Miss Purple Heart left a comment that she had nominated me for the Gratitude Challenge. I was pleasantly surprised when I read that comment, it's nice to know that other bloggers have my blog in mind. It's a bit of a reflective post and even if I haven't nominated you, feel free to take up the challenge.




THE RULES:
  1. When nominated you have 24 hours to accept the challenge.
  2. You have to write or say 3 things you are grateful for on any social media platform just once. (I said 4 though)
  3. You are to take a picture of a simple pleasure. A simple pleasure is something that makes (or made) you smile in a day preferably non humans (because I am sure a lot of people would list the humans as what they are grateful for). For example a cup of coffee, a bottle of your favorite soda or drink, a scoopful of ice cream, a butterfly that just perched on a window, something at your work desk, a game…You get the drift. It is something that should be inexpensive. It is not an opportunity to show off cars, watches, shoes and all the things that people like showing off nowadays.
  4. You have to give out at least 5 USD (convert it to your local currency) within 7 days of accepting the challenge to a less privileged person or a cause or a charity organization. That's about 840 naira.
  5. You nominate three people (within your circle) to take up the challenge.
  6. If you don’t accept the challenge you are required to donate at least 20 USD to a charity organization of your choice.


THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR
  1. The Gift of Life: It might seem like being alive is a right and not a priviledge but that is not the case. I remember when I went to Abuja in July, I was really scared of going because of the thought of Bomb Blasts, Terrorist Activities and Plane Crashes. A friend of mine said I was being silly because when it is a person's time to die, they die and you never know what's going to kill you, some people have died when walking on the street, just because someone drove under the influence of alcohol so staying in Lagos out of fear wouldn't have solved the problem. 
  2. Family: As annoying as they can get, I love them still, my sister, brother, parents, cousins, aunties and uncles. Life is never boring for me because I have such a huge extended family, there is always something going on. Sometimes I'm feeling down and I just get an unexpected phone call or visit that cheers me up.
  3. Blog readers: I'm pleased with the blog growth so far and believe this is just the beginning of Greater things to come. I really appreciate all of you who read, comment and share plus it was a huge honour meeting my blog role model, Sisi Yemmie over the weekend.
  4. Experiences: I have been through many interesting experiences this NYSC year that have framed and moulded me. I'm not as Naive as I used to be and I have learnt a LOT about myself and about people. 
A SIMPLE PLEASURE

Live Music: I wrote about one of the best nights of my life a while ago. It was Mike Aremu's Album Launch, music really gets to me, there are some videos in the post too so check it out!



MY NOMINATIONS
Chinelo of My Style Oasis
Itunu of Glowing Scenes

Feel free to share what you are grateful for in the comment box below.
Share

2 comments: