GOAL AUDIT: How far with your New Year Resolutions? | Tuke's Quest

GOAL AUDIT: How far with your New Year Resolutions?

So at the beginning of the year I wrote down 10 Goals. I made the list of my goals my lock screen image for a while as a reminder but changed it after this photoshoot because I absolutely love the pictures Linguini took. My Wallpaper, Screensaver, BBM picture and Whatsapp picture are from this shoot, shows how much I Love them. If you haven’t got in touch with him yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for o! If you are shy, just holla at me and I’ll holla at him for you.

Anyways, back to my goals, I’m pretty pleased with the progress I’ve made so far and I’m excited for what is to come. I urge you to look back at your New Year Resolutions/Goals for the year and take the necessary steps to complete them.  Have a look at mine!


GOALS


PROGRESS
          1.
Get paid to play
Happened this week, thanks to Band Aid, Oshey!

          2.
Grade 5 theory and Grade 6 practical
I can’t do both exams this year so it has to be amended. I've started rehearsing with the Orchestra at Muson Centre on a weekly basis so my Sight Reading is improving. Thus I’ll be pretty prepared for my Grade 6 next year. I have textbooks for the Grade 5 theory in October/November but truth be told, I haven’t started studying yet.

          3.
Blog nominated for certain awards
The blog has been started and I’m posting regularly,  the number of followers and views need to increase though so I’m expanding the content and promoting it on various forms of social media just to get it’s name out there.

          4.
Hair growth
I think my hair has actually cut a bit this year. Now, I’m paying more attention it; I've had three protective styles done to it:
a)      The weave I had to cross into the New Year with a closure
b)      Crotchet Braids for 2 weeks in Easter
c)       Long weave with my natural hair out for 2 weeks for my Mum’s Birthday (She doesn’t like the closure so I had to blowdry the front quite regularly)
I ordered a lime green spray bottle from The Beauty Boon and filled it with Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Leave in Conditioner, Water and Glycerin. I  like what it does to my hair.
I also had an Aphogee Protein Treatment 2 days ago to strengthen the hair and reduce breakage. I’ll deep condition next week and I watch youtube videos and read blogs related to natural hair pretty frequently.

          5.
Savings
Haven’t touched my allowee yet so that’s something. I need to invest it in stocks or a mutual fund because it’s just lying there in my NYSC Account.

          6.
Nysc band on the map/impactful project
We have a website now and I have posted some of our videos on youtube. The band is made up of really talented musicians so there is much more to be done.

          7.
Decide on the next phase of your life
I’m someone’s PA at the moment, started about 2 weeks ago. I want to work in the industry she’s in. I’m on probation at the moment so we’ll see how things go after the trial period. I’m giving it all I’ve got sha.

          8.
Be in at least 2/3 stage plays
I featured in my 1st one this month: Band Aid!!

          9.
Feature in a song
I met some producers and talented musicians through Band Aid so we’ll see how things go.

      10.
Draw near to God
Definitely slacking in this department.

I would love to know how much progress you’ve made with your goals so do comment below!!

The giveaway has closed and the winner as chosen by RandomPicker is
……Babatola Bejide.

Congratulations!!!!
Share

12 comments:

  1. Tuke this is great! I've got my long term goal which I've put on my blog but not short term like this! Gonna have to do this....

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Thank you Natalie 😊 I just checked out your blog, it's pretty interesting how you got into Modelling. I probably won't be as specific when writing out my long term goals, plus one never knows what surprises God has in store for us. But, yeah, you should definitely do a short term goals list and maybe even add steps to take to achieve those goals. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your designs 😊

      Delete
    2. I deffo will do. I thought of that when I read your post. It just makes things so much easier to achieve!

      I deffo agree on the God surprising us front! All we can do is write the vision and commit it to Him. If He says stop, we stop. If He says go, we go!

      Lovely, you and me both! I can't wait to start, but for now it's time to prepare and perfect my craft x

      Delete
  2. Yay my short term goal was to win the bag, n I did....luckily tho. Real goal is to get a great job and be financially able to help others. God willing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool, I'm glad you did and I pray you achieve your real goals very soon😊

      Delete
  3. You haven't touched your allowee! I'm impressed lol.

    I wrote goals at the beginning of the year but this has definitely reminded me to review them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, Thanks, I never activated the ATM card for that account so I wouldn't be tempted. Yeah, reviewing them will help you plan for the rest of the year and remind you of goals you had forgotten.

      Delete
    2. i didnt activate atm God knows but when i got really tempted off to the bank i went

      Delete
  4. Where did you get your glycerin from?? I've searched everywhere!
    www.thevelvetrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine in England at Boots but you can get it in Lagos from http://hairbeautyhub.com/vegetable-glycerine-250ml?filter_name=glycerine or http://thekinkyapothecary.blogspot.com/p/apothecary.html.
      Is your hair natural?

      Delete
    2. No, natural hair isn't for me haha. But glycerine is a pretty good moisturizer so I want to use it in a few DIY projects for the blog

      Delete